Our current campaign aim is to raise awareness of The Epilepsy Deaths Register and its potential to save lives and improve services for people with epilepsy.
Epilepsy is one of the top ten causes of death in young people (early or premature deaths). Researchers, doctors, government and local health and social services urgently need information if they are to:
• Reduce epilepsy related deaths
• Decide where best to put funding to improve services for people with epilepsy
• Improve epilepsy advice and treatment plans
• Identify and prioritise new epilepsy research
• Improve public awareness of epilepsy-related risk including Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP).
The epilepsy deaths register helps the above to happen. It is a central reporting system where information about an epilepsy-related death can be registered. More information about the register can be found here.
EDR - how to get involved
For more information about how you can get involved in the Epilepsy Deaths Register or to share your ideas & actions for this campaign, please get in touch.